- Setup the fake store:
- Install UEC.
- Obtain a branch of the image-store-proxy code with a command such as:
bzr branch lp:image-store-proxy
- Get into the branch, and copy fake-pubring.gpg to /var/lib/eucalyptus/
cd image-store-proxy cp fake-pubring.gpg /var/lib/eucalyptus/ chown eucalyptus:eucalyptus /var/lib/eucalyptus/fake-pubring.gpg
Edit /etc/default/image-store-proxy and make sure it looks like this:
DAEMON_OPTS="--debug --api-url=http://localhost:52781/api --keyring=/var/lib/eucalyptus/fake-pubring.gpg"
- Restart the image-store-proxy:
service image-store-proxy restart
Create a directory named images/:
Copy the default UEC image files in the images/ directory:
- Run fakestoreapi.py with a command like:
python fakestoreapi.py images/
- Install and run one of the image:
- Go to the Store tab in the Eucalyptus admin interface.
- Click on the "Install" button of any of the image.
- The proxy should download the image, bundle it, upload and register into Eucalyptus.
- Check that the registered image is publicly available:
- Try to start the registered image with the command given in the "Run instance" link
A more detailed how-to can be found in the image-store-proxy README file.